Computers Rules & Expectations
- Listen when others are talking 3rd Grade Tech Standards
- Follow Directions 4th Grade Tech Standards
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself 5th Grade Tech Standards
- Work quietly and do not disturb others Fine Arts Illinois Standards
- Show respect for school and personal property
- Work and play in a safe manner
- When on the carpet listening to a teacher demonstration, you should not be talking to your neighbor. Bodies should be facing the Promethean Board at all times.
- If you feel you are finished with an assignment, go over the rubric and your project to make sure you hit all the details.
- After receiving a graded assignment, any corrections turned in will be worth half credit.
- After one verbal redirect for a behavior, you will receive a check mark against your daily grade. If you receive two check marks, you will be sent to the office.
- Make-up work on projects due to absences should be done during your lunch recess. We have a very limited amount of time together, which means you need to be conscientious of deadlines.
- I have a calendar on my door that will list all due dates for that particular month.
- Restroom breaks are at the teacher’s discretion.
- Plagiarism/Cheating will not be tolerated. If found to have plagiarized/cheated, an automatic 0 will be awarded to that project. You must use your own words and do your own work.
- Before you leave the classroom, make sure your chair is pushed in, your keyboard is against the computer tower, and your mouse is arranged neatly to the side of the keyboard. Please leave the lab as neat as possible.
- Smartees awards that are handed out can be eaten during class; however, the wrappers must be thrown in the garbage can. Failure to do so will eliminate this special award for everyone.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed in the computer lab.
Grading is done on a point system. Each assignment has a certain point value and your score will be based on a percentage. Your overall grade will be based on a cumulative percentage of points earned to points assigned. You will also be given a daily participation/behavior grade valued at 20 points a week. Deductions to this grade result from lack of participation or not following a classroom rule. Students will receive a warning and then be informed that they are losing points off of their participation/behavior grade.
An Important Reminder...
Save and Save often!! Power outages can happen in the blink of an eye.
“I think it's fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we've ever created. They're tools of communication, they're tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.”