Dear Parents and Guardians,
This letter is to inform you and your student about my classroom expectations. My name is Mrs. Creasey. Welcome to 7th Grade Earth Science!!!!!
There are just 3 classroom rules. Be safe, respectful, and responsible. See details below.
1) Students need to be in the classroom before the bell. If there is a situation that will prevent them from making it on time, please let me know BEFORE the bell. Please arrive with all of the necessary classroom materials (see below).
2) Upon entering the classroom, students will work on a "starter" activity which will be posted on the board daily. This activity might be a journal topic, review question, brain teaser, etc.
3) There will be a brief lesson daily. Students will take notes in their notebooks. If your child is absent, he or she can copy notes from a reliable friend.
4) After each lesson, students will be assigned an extension activity to review/extend the lesson. This might be a project, questions to answer, chart to complete, research, presentation, etc. There will be time given to start in class. Anything not finished in class or study hall will be considered homework. Please note: some activities may take more than 1 day to complete.
*1 subject notebook
*pencils/blue or black pen
* Composition notebook (Fridays only; for Scientific Journaling)
*PSR (Personal and Social Responsibility) = students will be awarded 1 PSR point daily for being prepared with all classroom materials, following classroom expectations, and participating appropriately in class discussions.
*There will be a quiz/assignment at the end of every chapter/topic.
*There will be an exam at the end of every unit. This will average 1 exam per quarter.
*I will occasionally "spot check" notebooks. If students have taken notes responsibly, they will be awarded with points in the gradebook.
*Extra Credit will be offered periodically.
*Per the student handbook, for every day a student has an excused absence, they receive a day to make up the work. For example, if a student is sick for 2 days, he or she has 2 days to complete the activity.
*If an assignment is completed and turned in by the end of the day it is due, students will receive full credit. If the assignment is turned in the next day, half credit will be given. If the assignment isn't turned in by the second day, your child will receive a zero in the gradebook.
*If a student is cheating, he or she will receive a zero. If there is a second incident, a detention will be given. If cheating happens a third time, the student will be referred to the office.
59 or below F
Our school is a PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) school. Positive behavior will be rewarded with incentives. However, should a student choose to not follow the rules, the following steps will be taken:
1) Verbal Warning(s)
2) Reflection Sheet = this asks the student to reflect on his or her behavior, deciding what rule was broken, explaining what happened, and listing other choices that would have been appropriate. These are kept on file for the school year.
3) Detention/parent contact
4) Referral to the office/parent contact
*******Please note: if the situation is severe in nature, the student will be removed from the classroom immediately.
I look forward to working with you and your child this school year. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign and return the bottom portion of this letter as soon as possible. Thanks!