Professional Development Clock Hours Required Forms for License Renewal
New legislation took effect on January 1, 2015 which eliminated most of the Approved Professional Development Providers for Illinois. School districts continue as Approved Providers; however, procedures have changed. Please follow the procedures outlined below before investing time or money in any professional development for license renewal offered by outside groups or organizations.
Procedure for Professional Development Activities Provided by non-North Mac Providers
1. Complete the Evidence of Completion for Professional Development (ISBE 77-21B) form and submit it to your building principal for review and initial prior to enrolling in any professional development activities. Your principal will review the professional development topic and provider to determine if the activity is approvable under the new standards. Please provide information regarding the topic and provider by attaching it to the form.
2. If the activity and/or provider are approvable, your principal will initial the form and return it to you. Please keep it while you complete the activity.
3. After completing the activity, complete the Evaluation for Workshop, Conference, Seminar, Etc. (ISBE 77-21A).
4. Send both forms (ISBE 77-21A and 77-21B) to the Unit Office to Trish Lind's attention.
5. The Superintendent will sign and return ISBE FORM 77-21B to you for your files and keep ISBE 77-21A for annual District reporting.
6. Once you have received the signed ISBE 77-21B back, you may now enter the activity in your ELIS account at www.isbe.net (entries must be made within 60 days of activity completion).
7. Keep a copy of your ISBE 77-21B for your records.
Procedure for North Mac Professional Development Activities
1. At the conclusion of the activity, complete the Evaluation for Workshop, Conference, Seminar, Etc. (ISBE 77-21A) and turn it in to your principal.
2. Make certain the principal gives you a completed Evidence of Completion for Professional Development (ISBE 77-21B) with the Superintendent's signature.
3. Enter the activity in your ELIS acocunt at www.isbe.net (entries must be made within 60 days of activity completion).
4. Keep a copy of your ISBE 77-21B for your records.